Based on the success of the previous three Summer Academies, we proudly announce the organization of this years SAE Summer Academy on Energy.
The SAE Summer Academy on Energy will be held from 12th to 17th August (+2 Post Academy days), 2018, in Budapest, Hungary.
The main goal of the summer academy is come to know the possible ways of implementation energy storage technologies from user level to transmission system applications.
- Fill in the application form.
- To complete your application, please send the following documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline of sending the enclosements is 3 days after filling in the application form, but no later than 20th April, 2018.
- Passport photocopy
- Cover letter
- Recommendation from a professor of your university
- Pay the 100 EUR deposit. Your registration deposit is part of your registration fee: it is not an additional fee. The deposit confirms your registration. (Payment information in the confirmation e-mail, after filling in the application form.)
Application deadline: 20th April 2018
Application deposit Payment deadline: 6th May 2018
Early-bird Payment deadline: 8th June 2018
Final Payment deadline: 6th July 2018
Early bird payment
until 8th June, 2018
Regular payment (Full price)
until 6th July, 2018
|Registration fee||350 EUR||400 EUR|
|One optional day fee||50 EUR|
|Both optional days fee||80 EUR|
The registration fee includes:
- Accomodation in shared double room with a same-sex participant for 6 nights (12th-18th August 2018) (Seperate room is available for extra 80 EUR.)
- Breakfast and lunch for 5 days, dinner for 3 days
- Coffee breaks
- Public transport ticket for 1 week
- Technical program: lectures, site visits, task
- Social events
- Welcome event
- Gala dinner
One optional day fee includes: (18th August, 2018)
- Accomodation for 1 night (18th-19th August, 2018)
- All day site visit
Both optional days fee includes:
- Accomodation for 2 nights (18th-20th August, 2018)
- All day site visit (18th August, 2018)
- Breakfast and lunch for 2 days
- Sightseeing in Budapest and social event (19th August, 2018)
In case of cancellation the deposit cannot be refunded. Only written cancellation can be accepted.
After paying the registration fee cancellations can be accepted not later than 1st August, 2018. For these cancellations a refund of 70% of the paid fee above the deposit can be done.
For visa information please visit the following site:
In case you need an invitation letter for visa purposes, please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Who can apply?
All university and college students can apply from all over the world, including BSc, MSc and PhD students. We warmly welcome students from fields engineering, IT, economics, science and management.
Program, topics include:
The whole week Academy contains not only lectures but site visits and exciting team task in the topic of energy storage. After the technical programs social events are open for the participants where they have the opportunity to discover the terasures of Budapest.
- Basics of energy storage, introduction of the different technologies
- Questions of the regulation, energy storage in the context of the Winter Package
- Integration of renewable energy on the grid
- Case studies
- Legal implications
- Implementation issues
The main task of the summer academy is to plan a solution to a particular group of problem by using different storage technologies, in addition to certain premisses, justifying technical correction and economic competitiveness.
Beyond the professional development, this event wants to provide an opportunity for students, working on different fields of engineering, to make international contacts with other talented students.
Academy language: English